Thursday, January 21, 2010

Heaven's Grocery Store



I was walking down life's highway a long time ago.
One day I saw a sign that read,
"Heaven's Grocery Store".
I got a little closer, the door came open wide;
And when I came to myself, I was standing inside.

I saw a host of Angels, they were standing everywhere;
One handed me a basket and said,
"My Child shop with care".
Everything a Christian needed was in that Grocery Store; and
all you couldn't carry, come back the next day for more.

First, I got some Patience, Love was in the same row.
Further down was Understanding, you need that everywhere you go.
I got a box or two of Wisdom, a bag or two of Faith,
I just couldn't miss the Holy Ghost for it was all over the place.
I stopped to get some Strength & Courage to help me run the race,
By then my basket was getting full, But I remembered I needed some Grace.
I didn't forget Salvation, for Salvation was free.
So I tried to get enough of that to save both you and me.

Then, I started up to the counter to pay my grocery bill
For I thought I had everything to do My Father's Will .
As I went up the aisle, I saw a Prayer and, I just had to put that in,
For I knew when I stepped outside. I would run right into sin,
Peace and Joy were plentiful. They were on the last shelf.
Song and Praises were hanging near so I just helped myself.

Then, I said to the Angel, "Now how much do I owe"?
He just smiled and said,
"Just take them everywhere you go".
Again, I politely asked,
"Just how much do I really owe"?
The Angel smiled again and said,
"My Child, Jesus paid your bill a long time ago".

-Ron DeMarco


With praise on his lips,
Shaun

2 comments: